Since 2009, “Keep Dimond Clean” volunteers have walked the main streets that make up the Dimond Business District (located in Oakland CA 94602) including MacArthur Blvd from Canon Ave to Lincoln Ave; Fruitvale Ave from Coloma St to Harold St; Bienati Way and parking lot; parts of Dimond Ave, May Ct, Champion St and Montana St, collecting litter from public sidewalks and gutters twice a week. This is a dedicated team of volunteers who spend approximately 20 combined hours a week removing litter from the Dimond Business District.
- 12,000 pounds of litter (6 tons) is still collected every year despite our best efforts.
- 230 pounds of litter collected per week. This volume of litter has remained consistent over seven years.
- 84,000 pounds of litter have been removed by volunteers (or 42 tons) from the Dimond District from 2009-2016.
- 1040 volunteer hours annually.
- $13,800 In 2016, La Farine Bakery, “Keep Dimond Clean” sponsor, generously donated $13,800 in pastries, bread, and cookies to volunteer workgroups, neighborhood events, and community meetings, with $5,400 going to Keep Dimond Clean volunteers.