Since 2009, “Keep Dimond Clean” volunteers have walked the main streets that make up the Dimond Business District (located in Oakland CA 94602) including MacArthur Blvd from Canon Ave to Lincoln Ave; Fruitvale Ave from Coloma St to Harold St; Bienati Way and parking lot; parts of Dimond Ave, May Ct, Champion St and Montana St, collecting litter from public sidewalks and gutters twice a week. Volunteers also pick up litter in Dimond Park. This is a dedicated team of volunteers who spend more than 30 hours a week removing litter from the Dimond Business District and Dimond Park.
- 12,000 pounds of litter (6 tons) is still collected every year despite our best efforts.
- 230 pounds of litter collected per week. This volume of litter has remained consistent over eight years.
- 96,000 pounds of litter have been removed by volunteers (or 48 tons) from the Dimond District from 2009-2017.
- 1050 volunteer hours annually.
- $112,000 Since 2009, La Farine Bakery has generously donated $112,000 in pastries, bread, and cookies to volunteer workgroups, including Keep Dimond Clean volunteers, neighborhood events, and community meetings.